It’s really that simple: improving lives is our entire purpose. When we consider investing in new technology or a solution that might take more time and resources, we always ask if the decision will improve the lives of our patients.
This philosophy governs how we practice and how we grow professionally.
Our core values:
VALUE PEOPLE. GO BEYOND THE ORDINARY.
ALWAYS MOVING FORWARD. PROVIDING THE BEST.
When you walk into Lynn Valley Optometry, you’ll notice that we aren’t your everyday optometry clinic. Our goal is high-performance vision for our patients and we are holistic in our approach.
In 1999, Dr. Altaz Shajani, a graduate of the New England College of Optometry, returned to Vancouver with a mission of revolutionizing the Eye Care industry. Dr. Shajani purchased Lynn Valley Optometry, which was located in a medical clinic with just 2 employees. Within 6 short years, the practice grew and relocated to Lynn Valley Village, in the current clinic designed by Westcoast designer Susan Taubensee.
LYNN VALLEY OPTOMETRY?
Our patient-first mission is made real by every team member at LVO. Our team is passionate, caring and knowledgeable. We complete advanced training yearly to ensure that we are current on the latest developments and technology in the field of optometry.
We Exceed The
Lynn Valley Optometry offers an experience that you can’t find just anywhere. We’ve taken every opportunity to create the best patient experience, which includes our training, our technology and our selection. We look for ways to distinguish ourselves from the ordinary and continue to innovate our services and patient experience every day.
Our Commitment to
Our clinic has consistently been ahead of the industry in Canada. We are always willing to invest in innovation if it means improving the lives of our patients.
A Number of
We are proud to be the first optometry practice in North Vancouver to offer:
- iWellness Exam using the iVue OCT – allowing Glaucoma detection up to 10 years earlier
- Optomap Retinal Exam – providing a wider view of the retina through an undilated pupil
- World Class dry eye treatments such as Intense Pulse Light and Radio Frequency
- Myopia control including ortho-keratology, specialty soft contact lenses and pharmacologic therapy
- Integrated Visual Learning Process for children with learning related vision problems
- Vision therapy in conjunction with Vivid Vision’s virtual reality platform for strabismus and amblyopia
- Eyelid wrinkle reduction and dry eye therapy using OxygeneoR
- Digital refractive examination for eyewear prescription
- Chromagen Lenses – designed to help patients with dyslexia/reading problems and colour vision deficiency
- First provider in BC to adopt Neurolens technology